2: Personality & its Facets: Conscientiousness
You should have completed this questionnaire before class
- Complete this 5-factor inventory (allow around 25 minutes)
- note: If your Matric number doesn't work, enter your email address instead.
- Copy and print out the facet scores you get at the end.
- Learn the facets
- Write items into this google doc:
- What behaviours differentiate hi/lo people on N,E,O,A,C? e.g. do hi-C people fold their underwear (and low C not, and other dimensions don't affect this?
- What would an extrovert/introvert or stable vs unstable or conscientious vs unconscientious person find hard to do/not do?
- Read this article: 6 Uses of facets (Costa and McCrae, 1998)
- Ashton why use facets
- Impulsivity as NEO facets
- Jackson, et al. (2010). What do conscientious people do? Development and validation of the Behavioral Indicators of Conscientiousness (BIC). J Res Pers, 44, 501-511. doi:10.1016/j.jrp.2010.06.005 pdf
- Personality analysis of Mr Donald Trump by Dan McAdams (in the Atlantic)
- Can you find another paper using facets? - bring it along and mention it in class.
page revision: 15, last edited: 07 Oct 2016 10:22