Lecture one consists of orientation to the course, and an overview of personality.
Homework for next Class
- Complete this 5-factor inventory (allow around 25 minutes)
- note: If your Matric number doesn't work, enter your email address instead.
- Copy and print out the facet scores you get at the end.
- Learn the facets
- Write items: What behaviours differentiate hi/lo people on N,E,O,A,C? e.g. do hi-C people fold their underwear (and low C not, and other dimensions don't affect this?
- Write items: What would an extrovert/introvert or stable vs unstable or conscientious vs unconscientious person find hard to do/not do?
- Read this article: 6 Uses of facets (Costa and McCrae, 1998)
- Revelle, W., Wilt, J. and Condon, D. (2011). Individual differences and differential psychology: A brief history and prospect. In ''Handbook of Individual Differences'' T. Chamorro- Premuzic, A. Furnham and S. von Stumm, Oxford, Wiley-Blackwell, 3-38. pdf
- Revelle, W., Condon, D., & Wilt, J. (2011). Methodological advances in differential psychology.pdf
- Almlund, M., Duckworth, A. L., Heckman, J. J. and Kautz, T. D. (2011). PERSONALITY PSYCHOLOGY AND ECONOMICS. NBER WORKING PAPER SERIES, Working Paper 16822. link. pdf
- Ashton, M. C., Lee, K. and de Vries, R. E. (2014). The HEXACO Honesty-Humility, Agreeableness, and Emotionality factors: a review of research and theory. Pers Soc Psychol Rev, 18. 139-152. doi. PMID.
Papers cited in the lecture
page revision: 17, last edited: 30 Sep 2016 11:29