- Developing an understanding of the causes and consequences of individual differences.
- To explore the role of personality in behaviour from wellbeing to politics
- To discuss these findings, relating them to opportunities for change or predicting behaviour.
- To foster critical appraisal skills and to encourage independent reading.
Homework for each of you throughout the course was to collect ideas, newspaper and media claims, questions, controversies, strong claims in personality and related areas, and we can spend 2 hours in a round-table discussing these.
- What is altruism?
- Can personality explain personality disorder? [http://www.subjectpool.com/ed_teach/y4person/4_ant_bpd/ANT_and_Disorder.pdf" > ANT and Disorder.pdf ]
- Do people differ?
- Is IQ a protective factor in mental and physical health?
- BPD and ANT.pptx
NEW guide for the exam.
Also, all the power-points are now up (linked below beside each week)